Wednesday, September 24, 2014

“He (McAllister) has wrecked my life”




Sam Hanna Jr.: McAllister can go to Heaven


Since forgiveness and redemption, and character too, are the hot topics that are being bantered about throughout the 5th District as well as conveyed in the TV commercial that McAllister aired beginning this week, we should pause and reflect upon some remarks that Melissa Peacock’s husband, Heath, made to CNN shortly after McAllister’s and Peacock’s extramarital relationship was exposed.

“He (McAllister) has wrecked my life,” said Heath Peacock.

And since Heath Peacock and McAllister apparently have known one another well for years, we have to assume Heath Peacock was speaking openly and honestly when he told CNN, "I know his beliefs. When he ran one of his commercials, he said, ‘I need your prayers,’ and I asked him, ‘When did you get religious?’ He said, ‘When I needed votes.’”

“He broke out the religious card and he’s about the most non-religious person I know,” Peacock said of McAllister.

As Christians, we are taught to forgive. And I suspect most Christians in the 5th District and beyond forgive McAllister for seemingly stomping on the Seventh Commandment. I know I do.

But that doesn’t mean we should reward him.

http://www.hannapub.com/ouachitacitizen/opinion/columns/sam-hanna-jr-mcallister-can-go-to-heaven/article_dbe5cf3a-437e-11e4-ae37-001a4bcf6878.html

No comments:

Post a Comment